This isn’t an exhaustive guide to everything you’ll ever want to know about metal detecting. It’s not a complete course in treasure hunting. It’s a quick but thorough read from a detectorist who’s been swinging a machine long enough to know how to do it successfully, but who hasn’t forgotten what it feels like to be just beginning and needing a way to start smart.
The 108-page softcover contains everything you need to get out there for a productive hunt:
- a helpful glossary of terms
- an overview of the hobby and various specialization options
- information about equipment, hunting safety and etiquette
- how and where to find places to hunt
- cleaning, preserving and displaying your finds
- a special bonus section contains resources about the hobby
- nine black & white photographs and illustrations
The handy pocket-sized book is intended to be used, not just read. It has a film-laminated cover, providing greater durability for use in the field, and its 5 x 8 size is easy to fit in your field bag.